370 of 373 people found the following review helpful
Great Personal Coffee Maker!,
This review is from: BLACK+DECKER Brew 'n Go Personal Coffeemaker with Travel Mug, Black/Stainless Steel, DCM18S (Kitchen)I have used this coffee maker for three weeks now without a hiccup. I bought a Keurig for my girlfriend and she really like's that'. I really enjoy using the coffee machine and it produces great coffee. Here are the arguments:
1. Lower Cost per use - use your own bulk coffee
2. More customization - add enough coffee to your liking
3. Larger cup size - this thing will pump out about 16oz; the size depends on how much water you pour into the machine
4. Use of filter - I found cutting filters to size works out best for me. The re-useable filter allowed too much coffee to flow through and I had grounds at the bottom of my coffee cup. I use a fine Kirkland brand coffee.
5. Pretty fast, it starts to operate within a few seconds of hitting the start button
6. Reduces packaging waste
7. Pours into my own cup usually a large traveler or mug
8. Easy clean up, I simply throw away (dump out) the paper filter and rinse out the... Read more
10 of 10 people found the following review helpful
... for a number of years now and generally been pleased until the last year or so,
This review is from: BLACK+DECKER Brew 'n Go Personal Coffeemaker with Travel Mug, Black/Stainless Steel, DCM18S (Kitchen)
We have used these for a number of years now and generally been pleased until the last year or so. B&W has apparently changed something because this pot ran fine for several months until it began to brew with only about half of the amount of water placed into the reservoir. This has happened with the last two of these units we purchased, so we have no choice but to move to another manufacturer if we can find one. In the intirim, I will order one more of these so we will have a last ditch spare until we can find a more reliable solution. It is sad that B&W made such a mess of a heretofore nice and reasonable solution for a single cup brewer.
7 of 7 people found the following review helpful
Great buy for an inexpensive coffee machine that fits in small spaces.,
This review is from: BLACK+DECKER Brew 'n Go Personal Coffeemaker with Travel Mug, Black/Stainless Steel, DCM18S (Kitchen)I bought this back in 2013. The first one I received didn't work correctly...so I reported it to Amazon, and they sent someone to my house to pick up the device that didn't work correctly the next day. My replacement arrived a few days later, and I've been using it everyday, multiple times a day, for almost 4 years now. I do descale with water/vinegar a few times a year to keep the machine working well and descale the reusable filter.
I love how compact it is, and the fact I can keep it on the counter in my tiny kitchen and still be able to use the counter it's sitting on for other cooking projects. When I use ground coffee I actually put it in a full sized paper coffee filter and press the edges down around the edges, and I'm able to brew several cups out of the same little 'pod' off coffee I've made. I sometimes use store bought pods of coffee in this machine with no problem, and I occasionally can still use K-cups, though I cut them open and manage to use the ground... Read more